Want to learn everything about wrap drying? Sam Villa, Co-Founder/Chief Creative Officer of Sam Villa and Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken, sums it up in about two minutes here.
He demonstrates how to achieve polish, shine, a small amount of bevel, and subtle volume with one product, a paddle brush, and a blow dryer.
“Wrap drying is not only a quick drying technique, but also essential for smoothing hair before picking up thermal tools,” explains Villa.
- Always Protect: Apply a blow-dry primer to add shine and protect against heat. Redken Quick Blow Out heat protecting spray is a good one.
- Brush is the Truck, Dryer is the Trailer: Hook the tailer to the truck so they can consistently work together; you don’t want the truck taking off without the trailer.
- Turn Brush Horizontally in Nape Area: If the brush is kept vertically, the handle prevents it from getting close enough to the base to lift the roots. Holding it horizontally allows hair to be compressed for better smoothing.
- Nozzle Angle: Turn the nozzle on a diagonal in relation to the dryer handle to put less tension and stress on the wrist. The Sam Villa Vision Blow Dryer comes with two nozzles for focused heat and powerful airflow.
- Slow Down to Speed Up: For more focused heat and tension with each pass, take time with each section to prevent having to go back and smooth a second time.
“Wrap drying allows hair to fall with a natural bevel to it, much more so than using a round brush that creates a stronger bevel with more volume,” adds Villa.
Tune in weekly to learn more valuable information from Sam Villa and team, including “Mannequin Mondays,” “Transformation Tuesdays,” and “Wellness Wednesdays” on Facebook @SamVillaPros and YouTube @SamVillaHair. Quarterly “Show Must Go On” events can also be accessed on the same channels for FREE!
Sam Villa is Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of the Sam Villa Company (Allvus, LLC), a leading education and styling tool company for the professional hair industry. He is also Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken 5th Avenue, a L’Oreal brand. Villa is the 2021 NAHA Educator of the Year, Hair Awards USA Hall of Fame Inductee, 2021 AHP Icon Stylist Influencer of the Year, 2020 International Hairdressing Awards ‘International Hair Influencer of the Year,’ the 2017 NAHA Lifetime Achievement Award Winner, Intercoiffure America/Canada Member, Behind the Chair Stylist Choice Award Winner for Favorite Platform Artist and Educator (2012, 2011 and 2007) and Favorite Overall Educator of the Year (2015). His inspiring education and innovative ergonomic styling tools can be experienced on samvilla.com. The Sam Villa brand brings free digital education to everyone including hot tips and techniques, as well as access to livestreamed educational events. The company also offers professional tools for consumers so they can achieve salon-quality results at home with minimum effort.
Facebook: @SamVillaPros; Instagram: @SamVillaHair; YouTube: @SamVillaHair; Twitter:
@SamVillaPro;; Pinterest: @SamVillaHair. Contact: Glow Communications / email@example.com, 207-781-2598.