The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is excited to announce the winners of the 34th Annual North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA), the beauty industry’s most prestigious competition in North America. NAHA honors the beauty industry’s top artists and creative talent who push the boundaries of skill and creativity. Bringing together the top artists for more than 30 years, NAHA showcases the finest collections and talent in the industry.
NAHA was held Sunday, April 2, at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA. NAHA features 14 categories of excellence across hair and makeup artistry, including the popular haircolor, avant garde, and texture award categories.
NAHA 2023 kicked off with a dynamic red carpet reception headlined by former NAHA winner and industry influencer Jalia Pettis. Featuring artistic presentations by Ulta, Ashtae, CBC Productions, and Cassie Carey, NAHA 2023 continued to inspire and showcase the talent and beauty of the industry. “We were thrilled to have such talent and inspiration at NAHA this year. Our NAHA winners and finalists continue to amaze us every year, truly elevating the industry,” says Nina Daily, executive director at PBA.
2023 NAHA Awards Winners
- Avant Garde: Cassie Carey
- Barber of the Year: Cecilia Jimenez
- Editorial Stylist of the Year: Timothy Cabell
- Educator of the Year: Rodrick Samuels
- Haircolor: Luis Gonzalez
- Haircutting: Yuki Yasui
- Hairstylist of the Year: Julie Vriesinga
- Inspiring Salon of the Year: Crawford Master Stylists Ltd.
- Makeup Artist of the Year: Mel Martinez
- Master Hairstylist of the Year: Allen Ruiz
- Student Hairstylist of the Year: Cooper Brooks
- Styling and Finishing: Caidy Brasure
- Team of the Year: Hair Biz and Beyond (Laura Gunter, Anthony Negron, Galyna Poczciwinski, Stacy Anne and Danielle Keasling)
- Texture: Keith Bryce