A little twist, dash of texture, and a sprinkle of gold, this textured bun will be the look for all the events this season. Lindsey Olson (@lindsey.marie.olson), Sam Villa Ambassador, makes it look easy here.
“This is such a great look for anything from a holiday party to a wedding because it can be elevated with a sleek accessory or pancaked for a more organic vibe,” says Olson.
Textured Bun Step-by-Step
- On dry hair, blow-dry in Redken Root Lifter, using small sections and a Sam Villa Artist Series Polishing Paddle Brush to maintain control of the hair. It will be sticky and wet to begin, but trust the process. Continue to dry until hair is 100% dry. This gives all the foundation to add texture and control.
- Using a Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Iron and Wand, use both the 1”
- and 1 ½” to create spiral-wrapped curls in varying sizes. This gives the most effortless curl pattern.
- Brush curls out with your hands or a wide-tooth comb.
- Separate the front of the hair from the back. Leave the front out and down while working on the back.
- Create two separate offset ponytails at the back of the head. Tease each ponytail with Redken Dry Texture Spray.
- Wrap the bottom ponytail around the top ponytail. Repeat with the top ponytail to create a bun.
- Secure with hair pins to keep a loose, textured finish.
- Bring the front of the hair to the back, using your hands to separate curls and design a soft texture. Pin the hair into the bun.
- Add Redken Spray Wax for a shiny topcoat finish and embellish with an accessory.