“High buns are wonderful because you get dramatic volume from the front, and the eye draws the profile up due to how high the ponytails are placed,” explains Jamie McDaniel (@jamiemcdhair), Sam Villa ambassador . “[It’s] even better when it’s all wrapped up with a pretty bow for the season.”
- Directionally blow-dry hair with Redken Full Volume, a Sam Villa Artist Series Professional Blow Dryer, and Signature Series Paddle Brush.
- Randomly crimp sections throughout the interior of hair with a Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Professional Texturizing Iron to add grip and volume.
- Use a tail comb to part a diagonal line behind both ears, meeting at the top of the crown. Secure with an elastic to create the first ponytail.
- Starting at center-front, use the tail comb again to create a zigzagged diagonal back parting 1” into the hairline and drop out. Create a voluminous, organic second pony that sits up close to the first pony.
- Create a braid with the hair from the first pony. Pinch and pull until the preferred volume is achieved and pin up with bobby pins/grips.
- Polish off second pony and hair dropped out around the face with a Sam Villa Signature Series Sleekr Professional Straightening Iron to add a slight bend in the hair.
- Divide the pony into four sections and organically pin into the preferred location around the braided bun.
- Polish off and secure with Redken Max Hold Hairspray and a holiday bow.