Calling all curly girls that want a smooth as silk, bouncy, bombshell blowout. Molly Getz (@mollygetz), a Sam Villa ambassador, Redken artist, and stylist at Soto Signature Salon & Spa, breaks down her method that requires both a paddle and an oval brush.
“Make sure to use enough heat for good smoothing and redirecting., and always allow the hair to cool—that’s what gives a blowout longevity,” says Getz.
- Apply Redken’s All Soft Moisture Restore Leave-In for smoothness and Thermal Spray 22 for protection.
- Use a Sam Villa Professional Light Ionic Blow Dryer and Signature Series Paddle Brush to wrap dry hair, confusing the roots and adding volume.
- At the crown, wrap hair in the cardinal direction to maximize volume.
- Once hair is almost dry, switch to a Sam Villa Signature Series Oval Round Brush, which provides a lot of tension for really smoothing hair out.
- Point the nozzle of the dryer downward and hold the brush in a diagonal position to create a slight wave and bend in the hair.
- Turn the brush and rotate it away from the head, down each section to add additional bend.
- Once at the center-back of the head, change directions and rotate the brush/hair away from the face.
- At the crown section, lift hair with the oval brush to create on-base curls and pull hair in the opposite direction that it falls.
- Rake fingers through to break up waves.
“This blowout will last for days and days … and it’s frizz-free and really full and shiny,” says Getz.
To learn more from the Sam Villa team, check out FREE Facebook Live classes and YouTube tutorials. The complete catalogue of customizable education for salons, shows and events, including Thrive On, is available here.