Calling all hair stylists and barbers. Have you ever dreamed of being in the spotlight? Are you a natural educator?
Send us your amazing hair styling technique videos. If chosen, your video will be promoted to licensed hair stylists, barbers, and students across the country!
Participation is Easy!
- Complete a quick and easy submission form to be officially entered into AHP Making the Cut.
- Upload and submit your video—go to www.wetransfer.com or any other similar file transfer platform, upload video, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to name your file accordingly: example below
That’s it! Your video will be reviewed for quality, treatment accuracy, and personality. If selected, you’ll be notified within two weeks of receipt. There is no limit to the number of video submissions.
- Your video will be featured and promoted to our AHP members and licensed cosmetologists.
- Your video will be promoted to AHP partners and AHP Influencers.
- Your video will be archived in the AHP video library for on-demand viewing.
- You may be selected for a feature in AHP Indie Stylist magazine, podcast interview, or blog post spotlight.
- Receive a special badge to show that your technique skills and knowledge were recognized
- Display your badge proudly on your website, social media, or within your spa or salon.
- Randomly chosen submissions will receive an AHP swag bag valued at $100 (one per person).
- Place camera on a tripod.
- Film video horizontally.
- Give clear audio with no background noise including music.
- Provide clear view of service being performed.
- During the service:
- Explain the steps you are taking.
- Discuss styling.
- Discuss product.
- To be considered, your video must meet all the video requirements.
- Video must be brand neutral
- Videos that promote a specific brand or company will not be selected
- Must be working within your state scope of practice.
- Service must be performed within your professional treatment space.
- No bathrooms or kitchens
- Follow proper sanitation guidelines, including masks due to COVID-19, if required by your state.
- More than one member may be chosen and featured.
- Provide 1-5 high resolution before and after images in addition to the video.